Friday, May 15, 2015





My whole life has been training for this trip. I always get weird before my birthdays because the women in my biological family don’t live very long. My biological mother died at 50, her twin sister at 53, and their mother at 56. So this birthday is especially important. I want to be able to do this for myself and live the life I want. I should have done it years ago, but I would have missed a lot of wonderful people, experiences, and lessons.

The best is yet unwritten, like the Natasha Bedenfield song says, and I am ready to write this story.

t is a story of transformation from stress, grief, sadness, depression to resilience, joy, hope, and love; about how I have learned to see myself differently because of my experiences throughout the past fifteen years.

There were many dark days when the only thing that saved me from driving over the bridge were stories of hope in magazines like oprah. I read travel and leisure and dreamed of running away. I have always dreamed of running away from my life, because I was not living my life. I was living someone else’s.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you, following your heart and chasing your dreams. ~Karen M

    ReplyDelete