Wednesday, May 13, 2015





Once I get somewhere, I get pretty entrenched. Raised Catholic, I have lived in three areas in my entire life - Westchester County, Washington, DC, and Vero Beach, Florida. Those are all fairly affluent conservative places, where I never felt like I fit in.

I went along because it was comfortable and I tried so hard to win my parents’ approval. Looking back, I remember the exact place in life where I should have followed my dreams, but I did not know it was possible for me to walk away from my upbringing, being the proverbial bird in the gilded cage.

Now I am ready to try the geographical cure. People harp on about how doing it is a cop out, but since I have never done it, it's time for me to try. Is it possible there is somewhere else more suited to me? How will I know?

That’s the point of this adventure. I have a lot of things to figure out about myself, and I am having a difficult time in vero making changes. I keep running into walls, or fences, or gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment