Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Good Bye to Good Friends


Karen Davis and I met when we lived together in an adorable apartment complex on Bougainvillea Lane in Vero, on the beach.  We were both third grade teachers at local public schools. She still is.  She became part of my chosen family, and has always been there for me when times were really difficult.  We make each other laugh, and I get such a good feeling watching her children grow.

On my penultimate day in Vero, Karen took me to breakfast at Quail Valley, on the Indian River.  We spent three hours talking and laughing, and i decided to stay in Vero one more night, because i realized how exhausted I was after the whole process of getting my stuff together to stick in storage. 

We are going to try to see each other while she is in Buffalo for her brother's wedding at the  beginning of August.  

No comments:

Post a Comment