Tuesday, October 20, 2015

In-n-Out


Tuesday, October 20, 2015



Here I am, in California, and everything is so different.  The air, the view, the people, me.  Looking in the bathroom mirror this morning, I even looked different to myself.  

The biggest change is that I am excited about a new day.  It gives me goose bumps to write that, because a year ago, I was really going under.  Every morning was a disappointment.  I cried when I was awake.  I didn't care if I died.  

But here I am, reveling in my life, making connections, looking forward to a new day when i wake up, and smiling as I fall asleep.  I get such a thrill when i look at my atlas, seeing where I have traveled.  All those happy hormones, like oxytocin and dopamine, are starting to bubble to the surface again.  

Yesterday, Chris took me to Fairfield to see his parents, Vince and Jean. It was so much fun to see the amazing whippets and to see my Aunt Jean in her element with them.  

Today I tasted my first in-n-out burger, something i had on my California bucket list.  It was good, but Five Guys burgers and fries are better.  However, they probably aren't as freshly prepared. 


No comments:

Post a Comment