Friday, October 16, 2015

Roseburg, Oregon

Jane had told me about Grant's Pass as an option for staying overnight on my way to San Francisco. Unfortunately, I had to pull over early yesterday, because i was getting messages from my body that it needed to be exercised, stretched out, rested, and fed some nourishing food.  So i got a room at the Super 8, through Priceline, and pulled in around 5:00, after i stopped at a grocery store for melon, bananas, seltzer water, and dark chocolate.  Home for the night.  But i did not sleep well again.  this morning i woke up with a neck spasm.

This place has a hot tub and pool, and I took a soak before settling in for the evening.

Lately, I feel like i am losing my nerve.  The idea of settling down somewhere for a while is really appealling, but i am not sure where.  The switchbacks threw me off completely.  Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, until i remembered how car sick i get and how i don't like roller coasters.

I am also feeling really isolated, as i drive through here on my way to Chris and Nancy's house.  Maybe it is the sadness and grief pulling me down.

Whatever it is, I feel a little crazy, and not the good kind.  In the past few days, there have been times when i have been concerned about my sanity.  And the number of homeless people in the northwest has been very disconcerting.  At the moment, here is not a lot of difference between me and them.

I am in need of direction, along with more strength and stamina.  Made myself a cup of tea and settled into bed, amidst my own quilt and pillows, for some added TLC.








No comments:

Post a Comment