Saturday, December 19, 2015

All I wanted to do today was to rest somewhere peaceful, in front of a fire.  It's funny how you get what you ask for.  I ended up at Moschetti Coffee Roasters, for the Saturday morning tasting, and after getting my coffee, i sat down by the crackling fire pit, where i started talking to the woman who is the president of the Vallejo Garden Club.  I ran into Richard's neighbor, Loretta, again, and she introduced me to two other people who moved from San Francisco to Vallejo.  The woman i met by the fire pit has a friend who is a realtor, so i gave her my card, in case she knows of any place.

Before meeting Richard to walk at Mare Island, I had some time to kill, so I went to St. Peter's Chapel, at Mare Island, and stretched out on my quilt, in the sun.  I thought about how all i wanted was a seat by the fire, and there it was, waiting for me at Moschetti.

I met Richard at his house at 3, and we took the dogs back to the Preserve at Mare Island, and hiked the trail.  It was so much fun. But there were moments when i thought was going to die, going up those hills. But Kate's voice returned, once again. So i stood straighter and walked slower.  Most important, I kept moving, although i had to stop a few times to catch my breath, and to look at the gorgeous view.

Spencer, the Wheaten terrier puppy, sat on my lap to and from the walk, and after our walk, Richard showed me B Street, and a few other really nice streets, high up in the hills of Vallejo.

Ann and Doug had everyone over for dinner, and what a dinner it was.  They are such great hosts.  Doug grilled tri-tip and made green beans with pancetta, and Ann made garlic smashed potatoes and a gorgeous, delicious salad.  They always serve good wine.  For dessert, Ann served the most delicious, moist carrot cake I have ever tasted, that she made.  It was a delightful evening, among festive decor.


No comments:

Post a Comment