Thursday, February 18, 2016


Back at Crescent Elementary after a night of rest and rain.  I didn't get to sleep until nearly 1:00 am.  But i was up and at it this morning, and stopped at the grocery store for coffee and the day's provisions.  I put my faith in the other teacher and the parents, and the morning went smoothly.  The day went fast, with two students receiving in-house suspension from the other teacher for being obnoxious.  

This school is similar to Osceola, where I taught for my entire career.  The teachers are seasoned, and the kids seem to thrive on the structure.  The school runs like the most precise Swiss watch. I feel like a cog in a very well oiled machine.  

Drove home through American Canyon, and had to cruise through Mare Island on this chilly, sunny afternoon.  Sat in the parking lot at the golf course and reveled in the view of Mt. Tamalpais in the distance, enveloped in a raging rain storm. San Pedro Bay glistened in the silvery sunshine.  

I willed myself to sit upright, out in the backyard, at least until 5:00 pm. I really am exhausted, though.  Happy, but exhausted, seeing that this is what it feels like to teach without the responsibilities that weighed me down, and made me feel like i was sinking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment