Monday, February 15, 2016



I feel much better after a total layabout day, and a night of good sleep. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and it's going to be in the 70s today.  Back east, my relatives are struggling with below zero temperatures and a pending blizzard. I don't know how i did it for as long as i did.  Now i understand why Californians always look so happy and peaceful.  They really do live in paradise.  They have seen the light.

I did not see the light until this past October, and then BAM! Now i am not sure i can go back to the way it was.  If this was a movie, my life would have been in black and white until i started to take this trip.  As i got more and more miles under my belt, the colors became more intense, until California, where it's all psychedelic and cartoon-y.  

Took a walk to the top of the hill at the Mare Island, with Kate and Richard and the dogs.  I haven't had the energy to go all the way for a while, so i am feeling pretty triumphant. The best part, aside from watching the sun set over Mt. Tamalpais, is laughing as we walk back down the hill.  



No comments:

Post a Comment