Friday, April 22, 2016



I was sad leaving the school on Wednesday, but i must have looked happy because Laura, the school secretary, remarked on it.  I thanked her again for being so kind, and the principal came out. I told him what a great school he had. He was ecstatic to find out that i am fully credentialed, and wanted to know if i was interested in a full-time position.  I said i would consider anything he had, because of the great school climate.  Laura put me on their preferred sub list, and told me they were sorry to see me go.  

Ludy, my angel who took care of my dad before he died, and me and mimi after my stroke, texted me today, just to say hi. I needed to hear from her.  


Yesterday, I met Kate for coffee at Nathan's before heading to Arizona.  We had a great talk and laughed a lot, before i went to kindergarten at Cleo Gordon Elementary, from noon to three.  They were so cute. THey loved my hair, my green scarf, my turquoise tights, and my toes with blue nail polish. on them.  

One little guy, with smoothed back black hair and red sneakers, told me, in his tiny helium voice, that his doctor said he had to get a drink of water when he was thirsty, and he had to be allowed to go to the bathroom whenever he had to go to the bathroom.  He and another little boy wearing a red shirt and red sneakers talked incessantly, until i brought them up to the front table, where i could keep an eye on them.  They thought they were my special helpers.  

After school, i went home, packed up, hugged Chris, and was on my way south (680 to 101) at 4:10. 

It was another dazzling, dizzying drive, first through wavy green hills, and then through rolling hills around Paso Robles, 4 1/2 hours from Vallejo, where I stopped for the night. Stayed at a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced motel, called the Adelaide Inn, just off the freeway.  The front desk clerk was friendly and there were fresh baked cookies.  I slept soundly on a cushiony comfortable bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment