Thursday, April 28, 2016

Spent yesterday taking care of business, getting the paperwork required to work as a tutor.  Peter and his family didn't get in until late, and they were out of cell range all day.  I didn't realize that, and got anxious for about fifteen minutes, thinking it was all a dream. 

But i finally met everyone this morning in the breakfast room of their hotel in Suisun City. It was so wonderful walking in and seeing Emma sitting on the couch, playing a video game.  Peter and Shelly were sitting at a table in a corner, drinking coffee.  We took some photos and then talked for over an hour, before heading out to tour the Jelly Belly Factory, followed by lunch in Mankas Corners. It was such an easygoing, relaxed day.

After our late lunch, we dropped Shelly and the girls at the hotel, and Harry, Peter, and I drove to pick up my sister, Lin, who was flying into San Francisco from Syracuse, NY.  While we waited at baggage claim for Lin to arrive, my palms were sweating and my heart was pounding.  I had to sit down because, suddenly, i felt very light headed.  

And then there she was. We hugged for a long time, and it felt good to hug someone who feels like me. Harry took photos, as I unwrapped all the maple treats Lin brought me from NY. I got teary when i unwrapped the last bundle, a butterfly suncatcher with the word "sisters" on it.  

We all sat and talked for a long time, eating pizza and drinking wine. It felt so normal.

I came home and shared it all with Chris.  







Guess where we went?



Lunch at Mankas Corners




Family resemblence

No comments:

Post a Comment