Wednesday, May 18, 2016


Vero has been in the news. Eleven inches of rain fell in one day, flooding the town.  I am so glad to be here in Vallejo, where it is sunny, dry, and 77.

Tutored two girls yesterday. One, a third grader, spent her time pushing limits. she rolled around in the chair and refused to answer questions, crying at the "hard" ones.  I finally had to give her "the look." i learned the look from a woman boss when i worked in Washington, DC.

This boss would perch her glasses low on her nose, and if someone said something stupid, she would look over the top rims, arch her eyebrows slightly, and be silent until the person who had said something stupid felt really stupid. I rarely use it, but it works beautifully on unruly, obnoxious children.  

I'm getting used to the drive.  I found the Whole Foods in Novato, which is huged and stocked with beautiful groceries and flowers. I have found my mothership.  

Enjoy the ride.  

I keep hearing that.  And i am really doing it.  I am happier than i have ever been, despite not having a place of my own.  This trip has helped me to view the world, for the most part, with an amused detachment that i really try to maintain, especially where current events are concerned.  


No comments:

Post a Comment