Monday, August 3, 2015

Canada, O Canada - Part VI

Another happy day in Sackville.  The recreation department employees were out early getting ready for the New Brunswick Day festivities.

Woke and changed into fresh clothing, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and put my hair up, so i feel somewhat human.  Once again, i found my spot under the shade tree, and wrote for a while, watching the children play in the sprinklers.

Sandra Sears sat down at the table, needing shade. She mentioned how hot it was, and  I told her I was from Florida, and asked if she lived in Sackville. We chatted and shared details about our lives.  She is a caregiver for an 85-year old woman and her daughter died of cancer at 34. It was such an uplifting conversation.

Somehow the topic of happiness came up, and she told me that what God really wants from us is for us to be happy. "God doesn't want us to be carrying around our crosses like martyrs.  Jesus died on the cross, so we don't have to, so that we can live happy lives."

Sandra, her sister, and friends like to take rides around the countryside, with a picnic, and go to wineries, and just be out with people, because, as she said, "that's what life is all about."

She told me i was brave for doing what i am doing.  I am beginning to realize that.  Ladybugs kept crawling onto my neck and shoulders, and Sandra said that they bring good benefits. Let's hope so. Today, please?

Sitting here since Thursday night has been like watching a movie.There was a family sack race, three-legged race, pie eating contest, egg and spoon contest, and a tug of war, and everyone from the tiniest toddler was included.

12:15 AST

Just called the UPS store in Vero.  The mail isn't in yet.  I'm hungry and could really use a cup of hot tea.

1:40 pm

SHIT!!!!!!

The money didn't come.  I cannot believe this.  It's another test, right?

Meltdown - really quick, because i am listening to someone play "Edelweiss" on a harp.

So now i am relaxing under another tree, on my quilt, reading "Blue Highways," and trying to forget how hungry i am.




No comments:

Post a Comment