Saturday, August 1, 2015

Canada, O Canada - Part IV





Woke up sure that this was the day the check would come, but once again, I'll be car camping tonight.  The meltdowns are over more quickly, and i returned to my spa/writing retreat frame of mind.

I am getting the routine down and starting to recognize people coming to the park.  Today at the Farmers' Market, while i was sitting at a picnic table under a shady tree, writing, a woman started talking to me about the weather.  We had a great chat.

Music is everywhere here.  Right near where i am sitting, there is a young man playing covers on a xylophone, while people mulled around the market, buying vegetables and delicious smelling asian food. The vendor right in front of my car is selling freshly squeezed orange juice.  It is tortuous since i haven't really eaten anything substantial since Tuesday night.

I finished reading "Car Sick," by John Waters. In it, he writes about his hitchhiking trip from Baltimore to San Francisco in less than two weeks.  Great book, and it really kept my spirits up.  Now i am reading "Blue Highways," a gift from my friend, Claudia Peters. Inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment